Falsehoods Programmers Believe About Dogs
Here are some assumptions your system probably makes about dogs. All of them are wrong.
- Some dogs are bad dogs.
- Some dogs aren’t good dogs.
- Okay, all dogs are good dogs, but there’s only one best dog.
- There is at least one dog out there that’s not the best dog.
- You’re kidding me.
- There are times when you shouldn’t be petting a dog.
- There are times when you shouldn’t be booping a dog’s nose.
- At the very least, there are times when you don’t want doggie kisses.
- What about if you’re a super spy and you have to choose between booping a nose and saving Wichita from an orbital laser cannon?
- “Fuck Wichita?!”
- Mutts are bester than purebreds.
- Purebreds are bester than mutts.
- Since both mutts and purebreds are the best dogs, I shouldn’t get a rescue.
- I shouldn’t get a dog if I have allergies.
- I should get a dog if I can’t guarantee 100% responsibility.
- You can have too many dogs.
- Programming is better than playing with dogs.
- There is something better than playing with dogs.
- There is something better than dogs.